This session will illustrate the importance of team building and action planning to help facilitate a successful year.
- Demonstrate the value of volunteering.
- Provide tips on how to build a successful leadership team (i.e., volunteer recruitment, training, and accountability.)
- Highlight the benefits of micro-volunteering.
- Develop a customized plan specific to you rposition that may be shared with your leadership team to leverage activities and set the foundation for an overall association plan.
- Offer the ongoing ability to communicate with session speakers, fellow leaders and National staff through the discussion/comment area.
Please send specific questions and comments for session speakers and NAIFA staff to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This session was developed by the NAIFA National Committee on Associations.
Jeff Kyle, LUTCF, CSA, LTCP, 2014-2015 Committee on Associations Member
Monique Gaskins, 2014-2015 President, NAIFA-Northern Virginia
Part 1: Value of Volunteering
(Presentation time - 6:49)
Part 2: Team Building
(Presentation time - 8:31)
Part 3: Micro-volunteering
(Presentation time - 6:26)
Action Planning Templates
As part of this session, participants are asked to develop an action plan specific to his/her position and share via email with his/her association leadership team to leverage activities and utilize as the foundation for an overall association plan. It's as easy as 1, 2, 3: (1) Complete template, (2) "save form" and (3) "submit form" to email to your team.
As a guide, each position specific action plan provides sample goals and strategies. A blank template is provided for all other positions.
- Download Government_Relations
- Download Health_Chair
- Download Membership_Chair
- Download President
- Download President_Elect
- Download Professional_Development_Programs_Chair
- Download Secretary_Treasurer
- Download YAT_Chair
- Download Blank_All_Other_Positions
- NAIFA Website
- Association Leaders and Staff Resources
- Best Practices Workbook
- Local Association New Member Orientation Guide
- Download SampleVolunteerProfileSheet
Lauren Harley, Program Manager - Membership Marketing & Association Services, 703-770-8218
Olivia Scott, Associate Director - Program Development, 703-770-8235
To share feedback or talk about this session with other attendees, please do so in the comments below.